INGREDIENTS : 125 g castor sugar, 4 eggs, 1 vanilla pod, 15 g melted butter (optional), 50 g flour, 50 g cornflour, 50 g flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease the tin and dust with flour. Cover the base with flaked almonds.
2. Whip the egg yolks in a bowl.
3. Add 110 g sugar and the inside of the vanilla pod. Mix in the butter, the flour and cornflour, then beat to obtain an even mixture. Put the bowl aside.
4. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, adding 15 g of sugar when halfway through beating.
5. Fold the eggs whites lightly into the mixture.
6. Put the mixture straight into the tin and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Leave to cool a while before turning out.